We are currently seeking motivated and passionate individuals who have a strong desire to contribute and make a difference in one of the leading industries in Oregon. Apply for an open position and learn how we do things differently! Be part of a team who supports you, take part in shaping the movement and have fun doing it!
To apply, please follow the instructions below. Failure to follow these instructions will result in your application not being considered. Thank you for understanding that while we strive to reply to all applicants, we may only be in touch if you are a match for one of our open positions.
Step #1 Read the job descriptions below.
Step #2 Fill out the employment application form below
Step #3 Upload your cover letter and resume
Status: Hourly, non-exempt (full-time)
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Dispensary Manager, with additional supervision and direction from Premise Managers and Leads.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Bud Tender is responsible to ensure each customer receives outstanding service by providing a positive and friendly environment. Which includes, greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and maintaining a high level of customer service. Understand and embrace the mission of Speedy Jane’s and its role in the community.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work may require prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a cash register, credit card machine, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing. Requires close vision with the ability to see color and adjust focus. Requires lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in a cannabis dispensary. The dispensary area can be very loud due to display systems and fluctuating between extreme cold and hot temperatures. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Must have a strong comfort level to interact with customers and co-workers. Work may be stressful at times and may include dealing with difficult members and/or law enforcement. Available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and/or city events.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
(This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Maintain high level of customer service at all times.
2. Greet customers, service providers, vendors, staff and community representatives in a friendly and courteous manner.
3. Monitor and authorize customer flow entry and/or exit of facility.
4. Check person(s) entering the building for a valid membership and ID.
5. Assist with medical marijuana patients and card holders registration.
6. Observe, identify and report events which may include criminal and/or nuisance activity, unsafe or dangerous conditions, fire and life safety hazards and other site related events to manager.
8. Explain and enforce laws, city ordinances, Code of Conduct, and/or regulations to all visitors and/or staff.
10. Maintain cleanliness of outside areas at all times, including removing debris and completing opening/closing checklists.
11. Complete closing janitorial procedures.
12. Maintain strictest confidentiality.
13. Perform other related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and/or city events.
2. Ability to deescalate situations calmly and professionally.
3. Ability to understand and follow organization’s policies, procedures, safety and emergency rules, plans and procedures.
4. Ability to handle routine and stressful situations.
5. Ability to work with others including local police, staff, and/or property management personnel.
6. Ability to work without immediate, direct supervision.
7. High level of organization, patience and flexibility.
8. Reliable and timely attendance.
9. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
10. Knowledge of effects of cannabis to self and others.
11. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
12. Maintain a current OLCC Marijuana Worker Permit all times.
13. This is a NON-MEDICATING position. At no time during any shift may a Host/Hostess be under the influence of cannabis or any other controlled substance. That means cannabis may not be used before starting, during worked hours, or during any breaks or meal periods. Failure to comply may result in serious legal, financial and professional consequences.
14. You believe in the positive role that cannabis can play in enhancing quality of life.
15. You are able to communicate with other associates and customers in all situations.
16. You agree to adhere to the highest level of customer service with staff and the public at all times.
17. You are able to perceive and meet the needs of the staff and members without direction.
18. You continue to maintain high standards in a dynamic, constantly evolving environment.
19. You communicate clearly and effectively.
20. You are knowledgeable or willing to quickly learn and retain information related to strains, genetics, and effects of cannabis.
21. You are able to use math skills for point of service system and cash register.
22. You have a high level of organization, patience, and flexibility.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Retail, cash handling and customer service experience preferred. Bi-lingual Spanish speaker highly desirable. Must be 21 years old by 01/01/2018.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or even whether or not you like chocolate. We comply with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Speedy Jane’s LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employer.